How We Uncover What’s Hiding!
This little tool can make a huge difference in uncovering what’s lying beneath the surfaces of your new home purchase. Thermal imaging is a non-invasive, non-destructive way of evaluating conditions below the surface. Because everything from faulty wiring to the presence of termites to mold to wet insulation affects the surrounding temperature, heat-sensitive photography can reveal these and other issues that just cannot be seen by the naked eye or with conventional or digital photography. Our thermal imaging reports will provide potential hidden faults.
Benefits of using Infrared Thermal Imaging in the home inspection process:
- Locating plumbing leaks and clogs in plumbing systems
- Detecting roof leaks with recent rain fall
- Cold/Heat energy loss
- Excessive moisture and sources mold
- Stud / joist / beam / rafter structure
- Potential foundation issues
- Insulation gaps
- Heating and cooling duct placement, insulation, air leaks
- Pipe locations
- Ventilation issues problems
- Investigation of pest infestation
Limitations to Thermal Imaging
- Thermal imaging displays surface temperatures of objects.
- Does not show the temperature of objects that reflect light: glass, shiny metal, light colored objects in direct sunlight.
- Does not “see through walls”, but displays a slight differences in surface temperature of the wall. Images of areas “behind” and not-in-contact with walls depends on the temperature difference of the area. Hot objects are easiest to detect because they radiate heat to the not-in-contact surface.
We’ll add FREE Thermographic Infrared Technology to your Home Inspection
Learn about what you’ll receive: